- What it supports: carbohydrate conversion, breaks down fats & protein, digestion, nervous system, skin, hair, eyes, mouth, liver, immune system
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: heart, age-related cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s
- What it supports: metabolism, carbohydrate conversion, breaks down fats & protein, digestion, nervous system, skin, hair, eyes, mouth, liver
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: Anemia, decreased free radical protection, cataracts, poor thyroid function, B6 deficiency, fatigue, high homocysteine
- What it supports: energy, digestion, nervous system, skin, hair, eyes, liver, eliminates toxins, sex/stress, hormones, improves circulation
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: cracking, scaling skin, digestive problems, confusion, anxiety, fatigue
- What it supports: enzyme, protein metabolism, RBC production, reduces homocysteine, nerve & muscle cells, DNA/RNA, B12 absorption, immune function
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: depression, sleep and skin challenges, confusion, anxiety, fatigue
- What it supports: healthy nerve cells, DNA/RNA, red blood cell production, iron function
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: anemia, fatigue, constipation, loss of appetite/weight, numbness, tingling in hand and feet, depression, dementia, poor memory, oral soreness
- What it supports: carbohydrates, fats, amino acid metabolism
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: depression, nervous system, premature graying, hair, skin
- What it supports: mental health, infant DNA/RNA, adolescence & pregnancy, with B12 to regulate RBC production, iron function, reduce homocysteine
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: anemia, immune function, fatigue, insomnia, hair, high homocysteine, cardiovascular disease
- What it supports: RBC production, sex and stress related hormones, immune function, healthy digestion, helps use other vitamins, adrenals
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: stress tolerance, wound healing, skin problems, fatigue
- What it supports: eyes, immune function, skin, essential cell growth & development
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: night blindness, immune function, zinc deficiency, fat malabsorption
- What it supports: enzyme activation, second messenger roles, blood clotting, cell & cell organelle membrane function, nerve impulse transmission & muscular contraction, tone and irritability
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: muscular and nervous irritability, muscle spasms, muscle cramps and tetany, tooth decay, periodontal disease, depression, possibly hypertension
- What it supports: calcium & phosphorus levels, calcium absorption, bone mineralization
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: osteoporosis, calcium absorption, thyroid, autoimmunity needs higher levels.
- What it supports: aids in formation of clotting factors & bone proteins & the formation of glucose into glucogen for storage in the liver
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: excessive bleeding, bruising history, appearance of ruptured capillaries or heavy periods.
- What it supports: bone formation, healing, energy, hair and skin color, taste sensitivity, iron absorption, helps metabolize fatty acids
- Mineral Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: osteoporosis, anemia, baldness, diarrhea, weakness, impaired respiration, myelopathy, decreased skin pigment, reduced resistance to infection
Alpha Lipoic Acid
- What it supports: energy, blood flow to nerves, glutathione levels in the brain, insulin sensitivity, helps C, E and antioxidants
- Antioxidant Symptoms & Problems: diabetic neuropathy, reduced muscle mass, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer’s, failure to thrive, brain atrophy, high lactic acid, oxidative stress
- What it supports: antioxidant, regulates oxidation reaction, stabilizes cell membrane, immune function, protects against heart disease, cataracts, macular degeneration
- Vitamin Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: skin, hair, rupturing of red blood cells, anemia, bruising, PMS, hot flashes, eczema, psoriasis, cataracts, wound healing, muscle weakness, sterility
- What it supports: bones, teeth, helps heart, nerve, muscles, body systems work properly, needs other nutrients to function.
- Mineral Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: osteoporosis, osteomalacia, osteoarthritis, muscle cramps, irritability, acute anxiety, colon cancer risk
- What it supports: assists insulin function, increases fertility, carbohydrate/fat metabolism, essential for fetal growth/development
- Mineral Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, decreased fertility, hypoglycemia, diabetes
- What it supports: 300 biochemical reactions, muscle/nerve function, heart rhythm, immune system, strong bones, regulates calcium, copper, zinc, potassium and D
- Mineral Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, cramps, numbness, tingling, seizures, heart spasms, personality changes, heart rhythm, hyperactivity, trouble sleeping, muscle weakness and pain
- What it supports: antioxidant, works with E, immune function, prostaglandin production
- Mineral Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: destruction to heart/pancreas, sore muscles, fragility of red blood cells, immune system, infertility
- What it supports: supports enzymes, immune system, wound healing, taste/smell, DNA synthesis, normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood and adolescence
- Mineral Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: growth retardation, hair loss, diarrhea, impotence, eye and skin lesions, loss of appetite, taste, weight loss, wound healing, mental lethargy
- What it does: powerful antioxidant, stops oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, energy production, important to heart, liver, kidneys
- Antioxidant Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: fatigue, weakness, congestive heart failure, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, angina, mitral valve prolapse, gingivitis, immune system stroke, cardiac arrhythmias
- What it does: energy, heart function, oxidize amino acids for energy, metabolize ketones
- Amino Acid Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: elevated cholesterol, liver function, muscle weakness, reduced energy, impaired glucose control, weight gain especially around the belly, fat not breaking down, fatigue
- What it supports: lowers homocysteine, lipoprotein, heals lungs, inflammation, decreases muscle fatigue, liver detoxification support, immune function
- Antioxidant Deficiency Symptoms & Problems: free radical overload (toxins), elevated homocysteine, cancer risk, cataracts, macular degeneration, immune function, toxin elimination
ANTIOXIDANTS : Antioxidants are man-made or natural substances that may prevent or delay some types of cell damage which leads to disease and aging. The go to battle for us to help fight off free radicals or toxins that enter our body.
Vitamins A, C, D, E, CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid,
Minerals that act as Antioxidants: Selenium, Zinc
Amino Acids that act as Antioxidants: N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Glutathione, Cysteine,
SPECTROX AND THE Micronutrient FIA TEST: Spectrox measures the amount of net ability of antioxidants and repair mechanisms of your cells.
OXIDATIVE STRESS – TOXIC OVERLOAD
Think of a rusty old truck. It has no antioxidants anymore helping to protect it from the toxic environment. The toxic load becomes unbearable and the truck starts to rust away from the inside out. If the truck had enough antioxidants (protectors) to begin with, the rust or oxidative stress would not have occurred. The toxic invaders would not have been given a chance to cause sickness and disease.
Toxins that we need antioxidants for: smoke, stress, poor diet, smog, heavy metals in the environment, pesticides, chemicals, air pollutions, chemicals in food. Now don’t be surprised if you live a perfectly healthy life and your antioxidants are low! We have seen the healthiest minded people be low in antioxidants just because of the toxic world we live in!
Disclaimer: This website is not intended to be used to diagnose, cure or treat any disease. It is for research purposes only to guide people toward identifying vitamin, mineral deficiencies.