MTHFR is an enzyme responsible for converting 5,10 methylenetrahydrofolate to the product 5-methyltetrahydrofolate – it is involved in the metabolism of folate and homocysteine. The product of the reaction catalyzed by MTHFR converts homocysteine (a potentially toxic amino acid) to methionine (a useful and necessary amino).
Why is MTHFR Genotyping Testing Important?
This article may be of greatest interest to those who have been diagnosed with one of the mental health issues linked to having a MTHFR mutation, such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), or autism. MTHFR mutations also increase the risk of several physical health problems, including but not limited to cardiovascular disease and stroke, recurrent early miscarriage, migraine with aura, osteoporosis, and some cancers.
Who Should be Tested for MTHFR gene deficiency?
- Those with high homocysteine levels
- Those who have a familial history of cardiovascular disease, stroke or thrombosis
- Those who are candidates for long-term methotrexate therapy
- Those with Autism
- Those with ADHD
- Those with Depression or mood swings
SAMPLE MTHFR Test
Easy MTHFR Sample Collection / Results in 4 weeks
- No refrigeration or freezing / Complete test kit and transportation provided / no centrifugation
- We will send you information, along with your test kit order on where to go for a blood draw. If you have any problems, just call us. Blood draw fees are usually $25. They are extra.
- Results will be mailed to you in about 4 weeks – they will include a comprehensive explanation of your specific vitamin & mineral deficiencies, and the best protocol for you.
- If you have questions, call or email our office – email@example.com / 678-372-2913